Saturday, February 12, 2011

Daily Progress 3

Some warm ups

feb11 004

feb11 003

More practice on the muscle anatomy of the arm. I'm using the Loomis figure drawing book as my main book of study. The diagrams of the muscle anatomy of the arm had me confused with the "supinator longus" muscle and the "brachioradialis" muscle. After looking through 4 other books on anatomy (Bridgman's Complete Guide to Drawing from Life, Sarah Simblet's Anatomy for the Artist, Hogarth's Dynamic Anatomy, and How to Draw Manga: Bodies & Anatomy) and researching it online it turns out they are both the same muscle. Brachioradialus was used in old text.

feb11 006

feb11 006


Playing around with what I've learned so far. Quickly sketched these while doing other things during the day.

feb11 007

feb11 007

feb11 007

I felt a noticeable difference drawing the human figure after studying the skeletal and muscle anatomy in depth. It all depends on how far you want to take it, but personally I find it valuable to have a deep understanding of the skeletal and muscle anatomy of a figure. Knowing "how" to draw is really about knowing "what" to draw.

0 comments:

Post a Comment